Social Icons

twitter YOUNG Blizzy Entertainment - YBEgoogle pluslinkedinrss feedemail

ADVERTISE HERE

Thursday, October 22, 2020

United States Government finally reacts to shootings of #EndSARS protesters by Nigerian military

 

United States Government finally reacts to shootings of #EndSARS protesters by Nigerian military

The United States government has finally responded to the alleged Lekki toll gate killings, calling for immediate investigation into the shootings by the Nigerian military on #EndSARS protesters at the Lekki Toll gate on Tuesday night, October 20.

 

United States Government finally reacts to shootings of #EndSARS protesters by Nigerian military

 

In a statement on Thursday, October 22, the US Secretary of State, Mike Pompeo strongly condemned the use of excessive force by security agents against unarmed protesters in the country and said an immediate investigation will begin.
 
“We welcome an immediate investigation into any use of excessive force by members of the security forces.

“Those involved should be held to account in accordance with Nigerian law,” Mr Pompeo tweeted.

“The United States strongly condemns the use of excessive force by military forces who fired on unarmed demonstrators in Lagos, causing death and injury.


 
He noted that peaceful assembly and freedom of expression are “essential human rights and core democratic principles” that should be respected by authorities.

“We extend our condolences to the victims of the violence and their families.

“We welcome an immediate investigation into any use of excessive force by members of the security forces,” he added.

 

United States Government finally reacts to shootings of #EndSARS protesters by Nigerian military

#EndSARS: President Buhari will take a major action in few hours - NSA Babagana Mungono says

 


#EndSARS: President Buhari will take a major action in few hours - NSA Babagana Mungono says

The National Security Adviser, Babagana Monguno, has said that President Buhari will take major action on the #EndSARS protest across the nation in a few hours.

 

Monguno disclosed this while speaking with state house correspondents after the fourth national security council meeting held at the statehouse in Abuja on Thursday October 22.

 

“This situation, we all know is very very grave situation, giving a lot of concern to everyone most especially Mr. President. Mr. President has directed that the government should do whatever is necessary in order to bring about an agreeable resolution to this crisis.

So far, the government has been able to concede to the demands of the protesters. The initial demands have been considered and it appears now that the riots are taking a different and unwanted dimension. And Mr. President is very concerned about this development and does not want a situation in which everything breaks down and results in anarchy, lawlessness and people taking the law into their own hands.

For one thing, if government can begin to make concessions, then its also logical for the protesters, those that are aggrieved also to take a step back, take stock of their activities and come to a meeting point with government and its agencies.

“It is not Mr. President’s desire to see any unwanted loss of lives and he is determined to ensure that things do not cascade into an unpleasant situation. Therefore, he has directed all the security agencies to operate within the confines of legitimacy, the confines of legality, not to do anything that will aggravate the situation.

“The President himself, I have just left his office, is also going to deal with these issues in a specific manner apart from what has just taken place in council. I believe in the next couple of hours Mr. President will come up with certain solutions that will be agreeable to the entire federation.

Again, I have spoken with my colleagues in security, to also understand that these situations also require non-kinetic efforts which we are also working on, to appease who are aggrieved and there is no need to take this thing further. But it is extremely important for the youths to understand that, if the atmosphere is not conducive for dialogue and understanding, we can’t have any peaceful resolution.

The security agencies have been asked to apply as much restraint as possible. But then again, the youths should also understand that pushing their luck might also result in an unwanted issues. So, it is very very important for everyone to take stock of what has already happened and not give a dark impression of this country to the international community.” Mungono said

 

When asked what the resolution is, Mungono said

 

“Mr. President is going to look at each issue on its merit before coming up with the solution as the chief security officer of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.”

President Buhari to address Nigerians at 7pm today

 

President Buhari to address Nigerians at 7pm today

President Buhari will address Nigerians at about 7pm today October 22.

 

Femi Adesina, the Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, disclosed this in a statement released this afternoon. It reads

''Following detailed briefing by security chiefs on the current situation in the country, President Muhammadu Buhari will make a national broadcast Thursday, October 22, 2020 at 7pm.

Television, radio and other electronic media outlets are enjoined to hook up to the network services of the Nigerian Television Authority (NTA) and Radio Nigeria respectively for the broadcast.

Femi Adesina
Special Adviser to the President
(Media & Publicity)
October 22, 2020''

 


"All these old Governors and Government people coming out to speak like they are righteous, are all part of the problem" - Singer, Mr.Eazi

 


"All these old Governors and Government people coming out to speak like they are righteous, are all part of the problem" - Singer, Mr.Eazi

Nigerian singer, Mr.Eazi has stated that former governors and other government officials who are now coming out to speak about the unrest in the country are all part of the problem. 

 

In his tweets, the singer, while warning the youths not to get carried away said the old politicians have been killing the country for years with corruption. 

 

He wrote: 

Guys pls don’t get it twisted all these old Governors & Government people coming out to speak like them righteous are all part of the problem!! They started this!! They might have not killed us with Gun but they killed us for years with corruption #ENDBADGOVERNANCE

 


Uncle what did u do when you were governor!! Asides make the future bleak for future generations by putting our money in ur pocket , what did you do when you were minister? You are the root of the cancer that is Bad Governance!! You are the cancer #ENDBADGOVERNANCE

"All these old Governors and Government people coming out to speak like they are righteous, are all part of the problem" - Singer, Mr.Eazi 

Frank Edoho calls Yemi Osinbajo a 'disappointment'

 


Frank Edoho calls Yemi Osinbajo a

Media personality, Frank Edoho has slammed the Vice President of Nigeria, Yemi Osinbajo after he released a statement in reaction to the Lekki shootings.

 

Yemi Osinbajo wrote: "My heart goes out to all the victims of the Lekki shootings, and also the policemen and all other men and women who lost their lives in the past few days in different parts of Lagos & other states."

 

Reacting to the statement, Frank Edoho quoted the VP's tweet and wrote: "With your impeccable speaking talent you have managed to be quiet throughout the tragedies of #endsars only to mutter the words, My heart goes out. Your heart goes out. Your heart na lantern?

 

"You are one of the true disappointments we have seen this year."

 

Frank Edoho calls Yemi Osinbajo a

President Buhari presides over National Security Council meeting (photos)

 

 President Buhari presides over National Security Council meeting (photos)

President Buhari is currently presiding over the National Security Council meeting in the State House, Abuja. 

 

Present at the meeting include Vice President Yemi Osinbajo; Secretary to the Government of the Federation Boss Mustapha; Chief of Staff to the President Professor Ibrahim Gambari and the National Security Adviser, Major General Babagana Monguno (retd).

 

Others are the Service Chiefs led by the Chief of Defence Staff, General Gabriel Olonisakin; Chief of Army Staff Lieutenant General Tukur Buratai; Chief of Naval Staff Vice Admiral Ibok Ekwe Ibas and Chief of Air Staff, Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar.

 

Also present are the Inspector General of Police, Mohammed Adamu, Director General of National, Department of State Services, Yusuf Bichi, Director General, National Intelligence Agency, Ahmed Rufa’i and the Directorate of Military Intelligence.

 

See more photos below...

 

 President Buhari presides over National Security Council meeting (photos) President Buhari presides over National Security Council meeting (photos) President Buhari presides over National Security Council meeting (photos) President Buhari presides over National Security Council meeting (photos) President Buhari presides over National Security Council meeting (photos) President Buhari presides over National Security Council meeting (photos) President Buhari presides over National Security Council meeting (photos) President Buhari presides over National Security Council meeting (photos) President Buhari presides over National Security Council meeting (photos) President Buhari presides over National Security Council meeting (photos) President Buhari presides over National Security Council meeting (photos) President Buhari presides over National Security Council meeting (photos)


Hoodlums break into Ondo prison and release inmates

 


Hoodlums break into Ondo prison and release inmates

Suspected hoodlums have attacked the National Correctional Service centre in Okitipupa, the headquarters of Okitipupa Local Government Area of Ondo State, and forcefully released the inmates today October 22.

 

The hoodlums armed with dangerous weapons forced their way into the prison and released no fewer than 58 inmates. Properties including a vehicle were destroyed during the attack.

 

The Public Relations Officer of the Ondo State Command of the NCS, Barr. Ogundare Babatunde, has confirmed the incident and said attempts are being made to bring the situation under control.

 

ADVERTISE HERE

.

CONTACT US

.

AFROBEATZMUSIC.COM

.